Planning a NJ bridal shower is just as important as planning your actual wedding—after all, it essentially sets the tone for your wedding day! So if you’re looking to plan a stylish bridal shower in the garden state, we’ve got you covered! With this ultimate planning guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know to host a truly spectacular New Jersey bridal shower that will leave your guests in awe and super excited for your big day.
If you’re new around here, we’re Well-Dressed Events, New Jersey’s premier style-centric wedding, party, and event planning company. We specialize in high-end, unique events for modern, bold, standout clients and we pride ourselves on cutting-edge, creative design, styling, and event management.
When it comes to planning a bridal shower in New Jersey it is important to add personalized touches to the event. Incorporate your favorite colors, flowers, or hobbies into the decor and favors. From custom monogrammed napkins to personalized gift bags, these small details will make the event feel extra special and tailored to all your preferences.
So without further ado let’s dive into the ultimate guide to planning a spectacular New Jersey bridal shower.
Create a Budget
While we love to plan the best and most extravagant bridal showers, we also love to help you stay within budget. Here are a few things to consider when creating a budget for your New Jersey bridal shower:
- Guest List: While some brides like to keep their showers intimate by just inviting their VIPs, others like to opt for a much grander event with all their friends and family that will be invited to the wedding. When planning your New Jersey bridal shower, make sure to keep in mind that the more guests, the more expensive your event will be.
- Venue: The venue you choose to host your bridal shower will most likely be your biggest expense so make sure you coordinate with your planner to choose the place that is right for you. Some venues may have a rental fee in addition to their catering costs, while others may just have a food and beverage minimum.
- Decoration: Decorations cost will depend on how lavish you want your shower to be. Floral arrangements, backdrops, and table settings will all add to the overall cost. These days, most brides want a beautiful backdrop to open gifts in front of and take photos with guests. Check out this amazing set up we did!
- Catering: Every venue in New Jersey offers a different price point for catering. Expect the price to vary based on serving style (i.e. plated vs. buffet), menu items, alcohol, and number of guests.
Select Your Venue
When it comes to venue selection, New Jersey offers a plethora of options to suit every taste and budget. The latest trends for bridal shower locations are industrial open event spaces, elegant restaurants, or lavish backyard tents. As New Jersey bridal shower planners, we have found that the key to choosing the perfect location is to find a place that reflects the bride’s personality and style while offering ample space for all your planned activities. Here are a few of our favorite New Jersey venues for a spectacular bridal shower:
Batello: Jersey City, NJ
Park West Loft: Ridgewood, NJ
Grand Vin: Hoboken, NJ
Stone House at Stirling Ridge: Warren, NJ
The Highlawn: West Orange, NJ
The Wave Resort: Long Branch, NJ
Decide on your Theme
While not necessary, opting for a theme adds a touch of creativity and cohesiveness to your New Jersey bridal shower. At Well-Dressed Events, we have planned tons of fab parties. Here are a few of our faves:
- Boho: Create a free-spirited and inviting space for your guests. The boho theme is filled with warm color tones, natural textures, organic flowers, and various natural elements.
- Vintage Tea Party: Bring a touch of nostalgia with a vintage tea party theme. Think delicate teacups, botanical patterns, lace tablecloths, and dainty finger sandwiches.
- Garden Brunch: Embrace the beauty of nature with a garden-themed brunch. Decorate the venue with vibrant wildflower arrangements, set up a mimosa bar, and serve an array of delicious brunch items such as quiches, pastries, and fresh fruit.
Plan Your Activities
Plan memorable activities that will keep your guests entertained throughout the shower. Here are a few ideas that are sure to create lasting memories:
- DIY Flower Crown Workshop: Let the guests unleash their creativity by hosting a flower crown workshop. Provide an assortment of fresh blooms, ribbons, and accessories, and enlist the help of a professional florist to guide everyone through the process.
- Photo Booth Fun: Set up a photo booth area with a selection of props and a backdrop that complements your chosen theme. Encourage guests to capture fun moments with the bride-to-be, creating instant keepsakes that they can take home.
- He Said She Said: Test your guests’ knowledge of the couple with a fun trivia game. Prepare a list of questions like who said I love you first, who takes longer to get ready, and other fun comparisons. Award small prizes for the person who knows the couple the best!
To Put a Bow On It…
With our ultimate guide, you’re well on your way to hosting a spectacular New Jersey bridal shower. At Well-Dressed Events, we ensure that every moment of your event is nothing short of extraordinary. With our guidance and your vision, we will help you plan the perfect bridal shower in anticipation of your big day. So sit back, relax, and get ready to enjoy a celebration that you and your guests will cherish for a lifetime. Don’t forget we’re here for all your bridal shower needs, so contact us to start planning today!